It’s been a LONG while, I know. But that’s how it goes this time of year for me.
This morning I was reading through my blog subscriptions, and I saw that Cally Jackson was doing a fun blogfest hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh. So I figured, why not? I haven’t blogged in weeks, and the blogfest looked like some fun, so I’m going to join in last minute.
You can read the directions on Alex’s blog if you’re really interested in them, so I’m just going to jump right into content.
Favorite Movie Genre: Action, action, action! (also, action in space)
- Grosse Pointe Blank
- Die Hard, Die Harder, Die Hard with a Vengeance (let’s all ignore #4, shall we?)
- The Avengers (and it’s preceding films)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (which is maybe more adventure, but it’s great)
- Guilty pleasure: Star Trek
Favorite Music Genre: I don’t know — seriously, I do not have much an ear for music, and as such, can never remember things like musical genres. Maybe after this list, you can tell me?
- The Hush Sound
- Neon Trees
- Hey! Ocean
- Guilty pleasure: The Steve Miller Band
Favorite Book Genre: Fantasy / Paranormal / High Fantasy (a select few)
- Vampire Academy and Bloodlines, Richelle Mead (really, all Richelle Mead, including her adult books)
- The Dresden Files, Jim Butcher
- Swordspoint, Ellen Kushner (and the other Riverside novels)
- The Curse Workers series, Holly Black
- Guilty pleasure: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen
To add my own, Favorite TV Genre: The CW (also, the WB)
- The Vampire Diaries
- Gilmore Girls
- Veronica Mars
- Guilty pleasure: Gossip Girl
So that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this brief interlude on my blog — I really will probably just disappear back into the graduate school abyss. BUT FIRST, all week I am hanging out at NA Alley, and I’ll be tweeting from @NAAlleyBlog, and on Thursday night I will be moderating #NALitChat with E.J. Wesley. So while I may not be here much, I am all around the Internet. Find me & say hello!