I was really wanting to schedule a blog to post this weekend while I was on vacation, and then it occurred to me that this would be a fun one to schedule in. It’s fun & out of my usual vein of content, so it’s kind of like my blog is on a mini-vacation too!
I’ve had a good friend from college — Miss LMI — ask me a few times to do a blog about makeup. This isn’t entirely out of the blue because I do, on occasion, make random Twitter announcements about skin & makeup products I’m really attached to.
I have a daily skin & makeup routine, but I rarely make it to the makeup portion. I can tell you I haven’t put on makeup once in the month of June; but this weekend, while away, I’m probably wearing it every day. I have more get-ready time on vacation.
So here it is, my daily skin & makeup … stuff. These are the products I use every day, and in the case of the makeup, as often as I remember to wear make-up.
1. Drink water. — no seriously, drink water. I have a Camelbak water bottle that holds 750 ml of water, and I drink at least 3 of these a day. In the time I’ve been writing this blog post, I’ve drank a little over half of it. Staying hydrated is the best thing there is for your skin, and the more hydrated you are, well, you’re skin will thank you. Also the more water you drink, the better your body becomes at absorbing it and putting it to good, hydrated use.
2. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser. — it’s a long name, but it’s the facial cleanser I use almost every day. It smells like lemons & has little beads that feel very nice on my face & it has caffeine, but I probably don’t need that so much as I just really like the lemon and the little beads. I started using the “Morning Burst” line two years ago, and it’s been really good to my skin. It’s also something I like waking up with, so that makes me use it more (I repeat: lemon scent & little beads).
3. Clinique, my serious skin care product. — I’m very hoarders-like with this product because it’s expensive and it’s a rare luxury nowadays, but I’ve used the Clinique skin care line since I was 11. While I’m perfectly happy only using the face soap and the liquid lotion during times I feel like spoiling myself (again, usually vacations and holidays, and definitely end-of-term time), I do use the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion every day and the All About Eyes Rich almost every day. These are the best moisturizers, in my opinion, on the planet, and I shell out for them when I have to replace them. They also go a long way — I haven’t had to replace anything in this skin care line in 18 months, and I probably can get another 3 – 6 months out of the products.
4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes. — I think I’ve used these in all flavors (do towelettes have flavors?) but I stick to the plain ones now. I like them the best. When I do manage to put on makeup, I am the worst ever about remembering to take it off. These are quick to use & easy to remember & I don’t feel like I have to wash oily residue off my face after, and that’s basically the winning factor for me here.
I also wear Chapstick every day, with sunscreen in it. And I wear sunscreen every day; because my Clinique moisturizer doesn’t have sunscreen in it, in the summers I will use a sunscreen moisturizer (Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 – Sensitive Skin) in the mornings and the Clinique moisturizer at night.
Most days — 9 out of 10 — washing my face and moisturizing and putting on chapstick is all I do before I walk out the door. But for that 1 day in 10…
1. Real Techniques Brushes. — If you aren’t using brushes to put on makeup, you’re doing it wrong. I am not the only person to say that. Important people who really know makeup tout this, too. I learned how to apply my makeup (seriously, my hairdresser taught me one day) when I was in high school, and that’s also when I got my first makeup brush set. Real hair of some kind, and a complete pain in the butt to clean and maintain. These Real Techniques Brushes are a high quality, synthetic brush set, so cleaning & maintence is a nothing task now. Plus, that website has tutorials and tips and just lots of neat things that I like to watch to learn new makeup styles or refresh myself on old techniques.
2. Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline and Sephora Foundation. — I use Fit Me in a liquid, and Sephora in a powder. Depending on the coverage I want, that’s how I decide between the two. Both have SPF, so that’s a real bonus and I wear foundation a lot more in the summer as a result. Being that I live in Texas, the fact that I want to wear foundation to get my SPF coverage says a lot, too. Neither foundation makes me feel like my face is sweating off in the Texas heat, and that’s my high mark with foundation.
3. All Things e.l.f. — I use mostly e.l.f. products, and truth be told, I’m happy with the wear & the price point. My daily favorites are: Waterproof Eyeliner Pen; 3 Piece Mineral Eyeshadow in Earthy; Hypershine Gloss; Lipstick in Posh. I obviously choose between gloss and lipstick.
So that’s pretty much everything I use on my face on any given day.
What are you some of your favorite skin care and makeup products? Do you use any of these? Leave a comment down below, and I’ll reply as soon as I’m back from vacation. I hope you’re all having a nice summery weekend.